A replacement for our popular pipe collars, the intumescent pipe closer is easier to install and does exactly the same job of maintaining the fire resistance of fire-rated walls and floors where they’re breached by continuous plastic pipes. Available for pipework from 32mm and 315mm, these are suitable for gypsum, masonry and concrete walls and floors in all types of construction.
With a four-hour fire rating as standard (up to 240 minutes), the intumescent pipe closers also provide excellent sound insulation of up to 58 Decibels. Each closer has a circular steel shell that splits in two for easy installation around the pipe, then securely join together using a ‘slide-lock’. Packed full of a graphite-based reactive material, this reacts in less than 2 minutes when exposed to heat which closes the opening left by the softening plastic in a fire.
CE Marked and certified for PVC-U, PVC-C, PE, LDPE, MDPE, HDPE, ABS, SAN+PVC and PP to standards including EN 1366-3:2009. These are generally used drainage and sewage pipework.
Supplied with brackets for secure surface mounting, when selecting which intumescent pipe closer you require, please note that our size is the internal diameter of the collar so it equates to the external diameter of the pipe. Additionally, smaller pipes can be fitted within larger closers with the benefit of accommodating pipes that are at an angle or if the opening around the pipe is too large.
- Available in sizes 32mm to 315mm
- Fire classifications up to 240 minutes for both integrity and insulation
- Tested and certified for U/U pipe end applications
- Classified for fire sealing in all types of constructions
- Closer depth (sizes 55mm to 110mm) – 50mm
- Closer depth (sizes 125mm to 160mm) – 60mm
- Closer depth (sizes 200mm to 315mm) – 70mm
- CE Marked and certified to EN 1366-3:2009
- Manufactured by Astroflame
Intumescent Pipe Closer (PFP)
£10.69 ex. VAT£12.83 inc. VATSAVE £10.59 (50%)
- Never Beaten on Price
- 100-day Free Returns
- Spend £50 + vat for Free Delivery Next working day if ordered before 2pm