You can buy megaphones online at the drop of a hat, but do you know which megaphone is the right one for your needs? Take a read through the following to get an idea of what megaphones are used for and which features you should look out for when you buy a megaphone of your own.
An Essential Fire Marshal Tool
A fire marshal is someone who has been trained to manage a fire crisis at any given facility or company. One of the most essential tools to perform his or her duties effectively is a megaphone. Without one, a fire marshal will struggle to communicate with large crowds and direct people to him- or herself should a fire occur.
Here’s how a megaphone can assist your fire marshal during a fire emergency:
- Communicating during an emergency: It’s essential to maintain general communication with people during a fire. A building that’s on fire usually creates lots of noise via the fire itself, as well as the people around the area. Being the loudest voice present is a huge help to a fire marshal, and those with the highest volume capabilities in order to communicate effectively amongst other noises.
- Calming down the panic: A fire invariably causes panic. Panic is never a helpful ingredient during an emergency. However, if your fire marshal has a megaphone on hand, he or she can create a lot of calm and assure the crowd that everything is in control.
- Directing large crowds: In cases where large masses of people have been evacuated, keeping everyone’s attention can be a challenge. A megaphone lends an air of authority to your fire marshal and ensures that everyone is directed to safety or designated fire exits.
Another good reason to buy a megaphone is to conduct fire drills. Since fire drills are compulsory at schools, companies and hotels owning a megaphone is a must. During drills, the person conducting it will be seen as the authority during a fire emergency. This prepares people to recognize whom they should follow if a fire does occur, putting them at ease and reducing future panic.
Non-emergency Related Benefits
- Sporting events: During athletic sporting events, a megaphone is most useful to garner people’s attention. Communication at rowing competitions, rugby games, marathons and cricket tournaments just became that much easier thanks to the useful megaphone. A 45-Watt megaphone is perfect for such events to generate sufficient volume.
- Large tour groups: Staying in control of leading a large crowd will become a lot simpler when using a megaphone. There’ll be no more need for raising your voice in order to keep everyone’s attention or providing them with key information. There’s no need for a very high volume in these circumstances, and a lightweight choice will do the trick.
- Animal shows: During aquatic shows, a megaphone will provide the speaker with the ability to speak normally and still be heard by everyone. A megaphone that comes with an attached microphone is a convenient option for such events.
- Fetes and carnivals: Announcing special events during a carnival will keep guests up to speed with what’s going on and where everything is located. Depending on the size of the fete or fair, choose among the various types available.