Compatible with all conventional UK fire alarm systems, the Optical Smoke Detector is typically found in escape routes, offices, living areas, bedrooms and other enclosed spaces. Using an infrared light source and diode to detect smoke, the presence of smoke within the chamber will activate the detector and therefore the alarm.
With a full name of C-TEC ActiV Optical Smoke Detector, these detectors are manufactured in the UK and certified to EN54-7 and IP42 rated. Stylishly manufactured of white polycarbonate, the ActiV optical smoke detector features two ultra-bright LED indicating strips meaning they offer 360° visibility when illuminated. Plus, the drift compensation feature prevents environmental changes and a build-up of dust causing false alarms and affecting its performance.
Suitable for detecting smouldering fires caused by furnishing and burning cables, this needs installing with a suitable smoke detector base (available separately), and heat detectors where needed.
- Wide operating voltage 6-33V DC
- Certified to EN54-7 by Intertek
- Simple twist and click design
- Can be used on virtually all know conventional panels
- 102.2mm diameter x 37mm deep (detector in base); 102.2mm diameter x 57.5mm deep.
- Two 8mm x 2mm LED indicating strips for clear 360º visibility
- Proven detection performance
- IP42 Rated
- Range of bases available
- CE Marked
- Made in the UK by C-TEC
Optical Smoke Detector
£13.53 ex. VAT£16.24 inc. VATSAVE £0.92 (6%)
In stock (999748 items available)
- Never Beaten on Price
- 100-day Free Returns
- Spend £60 + vat for Free Delivery Next working day if ordered before 2pm